192.168.1.1 is a commonly used IP address for the Linksys routers. Apart from the Linksys router, there are several other router brands that use this IP address. Linksys is one of the most popular and leading makers of various networking devices like wireless routers, storage devices, etc. We can find the products manufactured under the name of Linksys across different countries globally.
Millions of people across the world use Linksys router for both business and domestic purposes. Almost all the Linksys Routers comes with an integrated control panel that lets the users alter the configuration settings. In addition, the router has the ability to function with different devices as well as a setup network security.
The users of this router can easily get the access to this control panel just by providing the address that says ‘192.168.1.1’ into your preferred browser’s address bar. This is one way to find the default IP address of a Linksys Router. In general, the home-based broadband routers comprises two different IP addresses. Here is everything you need to know about 192.168.1.1 login password and IP address.
How to Login Linksys Router using 192.168.1.1?
It is quite simple to access the internet and the router’s web interface using the IP address 192.168.1.1. To do so, you need to check out the easy procedure here.
- At first, log into your router using your IP address.
- Go to the address bar from your web browser.
- Enter the IP address as 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and tap the enter key.
- From the next page, enter the login details such as the username and password.
- By default, the router provides the login credentials to the users.
- If you have changed the default details, give those. Otherwise, you can proceed with the default credentials.
- Tap the Login button and log into the web interface of your router.
- After successfully logging into the admin console, you can start making the configuration settings.
- The users can access various functions on the console. Some of them include the local network administration, wireless network setup and more.
- One can even change their username and password through the router’s administrative panel.
- The major functionality is that the users must configure the access code that includes WPA, WPA2, and WEP and the username.
- Ensure that you have changed the password of your router from the default one to stay secure.
How to Login Cisco Router using 192.168.1.1?
Follow the given steps below to set up your Cisco router using the IP Address 192.168.1.1:
- First of all, connect your Cisco router with your computer.
- You need to connect the adapter and switch on the router along with your system.
- From your PC, you need to access your web browser.
- In the address bar, you must enter the IP Address as 192.168.1.1 and tap enter key.
- On the next page, enter the default login credentials for your Cisco router.
- The default username and password are admin & admin respectively.
- Immediately, you will land on the admin web page of your router.
- From then, you can access all the wireless settings and configurations for your router.
How to Setup TP-Link Router Login using 192.168.1.1?
Check the simple steps here that help the users to setup your TP-Link router using the IP address 192.168.1.1:
- At first, you need to connect your TP-Link router with your device using the RJ45 cable.
- From your device’s web browser, type the IP address as 192.168.1.1 and tap the enter key.
- Type the username and password in the provided fields.
- Click ok button and access the admin page of your router.
- You can then start applying the required configured settings for your router.
- This is the complete setup process for your router.
NetGear Router Login Setup via 192.168.1.1
Follow the below steps provided below to set up your Netgear router through the IP address 192.168.1.1:
- Initially, plug your Netgear router with your device.
- Open your web browser either Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Enter the IP address in the URL bar and tap the enter key.
- Type the default username and password for your router in the required fields.
- You can then carry out making the wireless network settings for your router through the interface.
How to Find the IP Address for your Router?
Some of the people confront the problems related to the router if it is not configured precisely. To find the IP address of a router, get to know whether the IP address is 192.168.1.1 or not. In case, you are not able to access the admin console through this IP address then, the router might be configured with another IP address. To find the exact IP address for your router, check the steps given here:
- Go to the web browser from your device.
- Type the IP Address as 192.168.1.1 in the URL bar.
- In case, you are not able to access the admin page, you have to find whether there are any issues or not.
192.168.1.1 Router IP Address & Password List
Here is a list of the passwords for all the models of Linksys routers that use the IP address 192.168.1.1:
|ETHERFAST CABLE/DSL ROUTER||Administrator||admin|
|MODEL WRT54GC COMPACT||Empty Field||admin|
|WRT54G Rev. ALL REVISIONS||Empty Field||admin|
|PAP2 / PAP2V2 (VONAGE)||admin||admin|
|BEFSR41 Rev. 2||admin||Empty Field|
|AP 1120||n/a||Empty Field|
|BEFSR41 Rev. 2||Empty Field||admin|
|LINKSYS ROUTER DSL/CABLE||Empty Field||admin|
|COMCAST Rev. COMCAST-SUPPLIED||comcast||1234|
Different Routers Default Password List 2018
Check out the complete list of the usernames, passwords and default IP Address for different types of routers available in the market:
|Router Brand||Username||Password||IP Address|
That’s all! This is everything you need to know about the Linksys Router 192.168.1.1 IP Address Login Password. We have even included the complete process for setting up your Cisco router, D-Link, TP-Link and Netgear routers. If you still have any doubts, don’t hesitate to ask us. We respond to your queries as soon as possible. For more details and queries, drop them in the comments section.