Routers enable the users to access the internet connection or Wi-Fi to more than 1 device with much ease. We have numerous branded routers that let the users use wireless internet at their home, office and other public places. Among the popular router brands, AT&T has a special preference in the current market. It is usually referred to as U-verse, a leading telecommunications service. AT&T offers the best broadband internet services to all the users.
It renders the internet access to the systems connected through Wi-Fi, ethernet cable and other ways. Most of the AT&T routers make use of a default username, password and default IP address. In order to access the web interface, the users must and should have the login credentials as assigned by the AT&T router makers. In case, if you want to make some sort of settings on your wireless internet then, you must log into the administrative console using the credentials.
For the AT&T router, there could be innumerable models and each model might differ with its login details. Before heading to use the internet, the users might face difficulty in logging into their admin console. Here is a complete guide that helps our readers to login AT&T Router using the default username, password and IP address. You can even check the procedure to disable or change AT&T U-verse Wi-Fi password. Check it out!
AT&T Default Router Login Password
This article gives an in-depth explanation of the AT&T home-based router login procedure using the default password and IP address. Before heading towards the procedure, the users need to know the internal IP address of their AT&T home based router. By default, the IP address for AT&T is 192.168.0.1.
You can find the default IP Address on the router manual that you can find whilst unbox your newly purchased router. Otherwise, you can find the default IP Address for your model router from the AT&T default password IP Address list provided below.
How to Login to AT&T Router?
The home-based AT&T router has a web user interface for wireless configuration. The users can make certain settings and configurations on their admin console once they log into the router successfully. For carrying out the login procedure, the users can make use of any web browser based on their choice.
We have several web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer and more. For explaining the procedure, we will use Internet Explorer here. Follow the simple steps provided below to login to the AT&T home-based router:
- First of all, open any web browser from your computer or laptop.
- In the address bar of your browser, you need to enter the default IP address as 192.168.0.1.
- You can then hit the Enter key from your keyboard.
- A dialog box pops up on the screen asking you to enter the AT&T default username and password.
- If you have already changed the default credentials, you need to enter the changed details.
- Otherwise, proceed with the default login details.
- The default username is none and the default password is attadmin.
- Just tap the Login button and wait for a moment.
- You have successfully logged into the router admin console.
- You will then land on the home screen of AT&T router.
- Once you find the home screen then, you have logged into the router and you can get ready to make the wireless settings.
How to Reset Forgotten AT&T Router Password to Default Password?
It is quite common that you might forget the router password that you have changed it from the default one. In case, you have changed the username and password for your AT&T router and forgotten it then, you can reset it to the default details. All the models of AT&T routers come with a default factory set password. This enables the users to revert the details by following the below steps:
- If you want to reset the forgotten password for your AT&T router, you can follow the 30-30-30 reset procedure.
- First of all, press and hold the reset button on your router for about 30 seconds.
- Hold the reset button and unplug the power for your router.
- Later, you need to hold the reset button for another 30 seconds.
- By still holding the reset button, you need to switch on the power and hold for next 30 seconds.
- You need to reset your router to the brand new factory settings.
This way, you can reset the forgotten password of your AT&T router to your default password. However, it is always recommended to change the default details for security concern. By changing the default username and password, you can secure the router’s privacy.
How to Change AT&T Router Password?
To evade the security issues, the users are advised to change their AT&T router password soon after the purchase. Follow the below steps to change or alter your AT&T router password:
- First of all, open a browser from your computer.
- You need to enter the IP Address as 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
- On the next page, enter the login details such as the username and password in the provided fields.
- Hit the login button.
- You will then land on the start-up page of your router.
- Navigate to the home network >> wireless.
- You can either alter the network name SSID or the password.
- For changing the password, you must change the security from WPA – default key to WPA – PSK option.
- You can then enter your preferred password in the key section.
- Make all the essential changes to your router and save them.
- That’s all! This is the simple method to change the default password for your AT&T router.
That’s all! This is everything you need to know about AT&T Router Login and Password. In this guide, we have explained the method to change the default password, reset the forgotten router password to the default password and much more. For more doubts and queries, just ask us through the comments section at the end of this post. We send the reply to your doubt as soon as possible. Get to know more about 192.168.0.1 AT&T Router Default password Login ways.